Congratulations to our customer Boortmalt in Athy Co. Kildare and to the ESS team for their contribution in receiving this Award at this year’s MEETA Awards ceremony held at Engineers Ireland in November 2015.
Boortmalt (Athy) – Noel Gaffney, Ken Graham (ESS), Paddy Moore (ESS) and James Hovendon
Maintenance Excellence Programme
- Production planning ensuring equipment availability
- Production and maintenance working as a team
- Maintenance planning in line with production
- Purchasing of parts based on reliability
- PMs increased substantially
- CBM monthly
- PMs increased by more than 100 per cent; down time reduced by 33 per cent
- Reduced labour on site by 50 per cent; reduced R&M spend by €97,000 p.a.
- Reduced energy costs by €28,0000 p.a.
- Increased production from 61,000 tonnes to 97,000 tonnes