Date: January 2020, Dublin
Duration: 1 day
This course provides an overview of the requirements for working safely in a potentially explosive atmosphere.
The main aim of the course is to cover some of the basic key elements to enable the adoption of safe working practices and provide a greater appreciation of the hazards associated with working in explosive atmospheres.
Who Should Attend this Course?
- H&S Personnel
- Contract Managers
- Site personnel & External Contractors
- Explosive Atmospheres: Definition of the three groups associated with gases vapours and mists and combustible dusts, surface temperatures, temperature classes, density of gases and vapours, flammable range and explosive range.
- Legislation: Irish Legislation, Regulations, Standards ATEX Directives (Equipment).
- Equipment Marking: An overview of what the equipment marking on different types of equipment means.
- Area Classification: Covers the basic requirements of the latest edition of IEC 60079-10-1 gases and vapour and IEC 60079-10-2 combustible dusts e.g. zone types etc.
- Ignition Sources: A brief overview of ignition sources.
- Protection Concepts: An overview of the concepts as applied to equipment for use in explosive atmospheres, i.e. Gas, Dust, Non-Electrical.
- Ingress Protection: Introduction and explanation of the terminology used for equipment with regards to ingress protection i.e. Standards & IP Codes.
- Course Summary and MCQ on course content.
Certificate of Attendance provided to all trainees.