The Certificate in Asset Management provides intensive coverage of the principles and practice of Asset Management.
The content is aligned to PAS 55, ISO 55000 and to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) competency framework, with a view to preparing students to pass the IAM Certificate in Asset Management examination.
It is suited to experienced practitioners with industrial or infrastructure asset management responsibilities and who can relate concepts to their work environment.
The course covers the 5 modules of the IAM Certificate in Asset Management qualification:
Module 1 – The Principles of Asset Management
Module 2 – Asset Management Policy, Strategy and Planning
Module 3 – Managing Asset Life Cycle Decisions and Activities
Module 4 – Assessing and Managing Asset Management Risks
Module 5 – The Financial and Business Impact of Asset Management
The integration of asset whole life cycle management, linked to the broader business vision and strategy of the organisation is stressed throughout.
The course is delivered through 3 days of intensive and interactive classroom teaching, including reinforcing exercises and tests and directed reading.
- What is asset management?
- Organizational context & stakeholder needs
- Planning and alignment
- Managing over the asset life cycle
- Managing over the asset life cycle continued
- Implementing AM Plans
- Risk management
- Value and risk-informed decision making
- Asset information
- Leadership, structure and change management
- Performance management and continual improvement
- Providing assurance of good asset management
- 3 days classroom teaching
- Final on-line IAM examination to attain Certificate will be post training at an approved Training Centre.
At the end of this course the participant will be able to:
1. Contribute to generation and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
2. Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
3. Understand the asset lifecycle and the role of appropriate tools to optimise the performance, risk and cost of assets.
4. Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
5. Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organisation, and translate technical issues into business implications.
Benefits to participants
- The participant will develop a business-centred appreciation of Asset Management, and will be better able to influence decisions which have AM implications.
- The course is deliberately cross-disciplinary, and should help to foster effective team-working and break down disciplinary silos.
- The participant will be equipped to pass the IAM Certificate Examination.
Participants from organisations where the reliability, performance and attendant risks of fixed assets have a significant impact on business performance will benefit most from this course.
Typical job roles include:
- Engineering and technical managers
- Project managers and engineers
- Operations managers and staff
- Maintenance managers and staff
- Facilities Managers
- EHS & quality managers and staff
- Procurement and supply chain
- IT & HR
Pre-requisites and possible further training
This 3-day course is suitable for those who have 2+ years of industrial or asset-intensive work experience and prior recommended reading.
Successful participants may choose to go on to the IAM Diploma in Asset Management.
Engineers Ireland – CPD Credits awarded
CPD Credit – 3 days CPD C1
CV available on request
8th – 10th October 2019 (Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, Newlands Cross)
Exam Date TBC
(usually 2 weeks post training)
For a detailed description of each section, please email Eamonn Gardiner at firstname.lastname@example.org