HVAC Training (Air Handling Units, Chillers and Heat Pumps Theory & Practice)
Date: December 2020
Cost: €750 per delegate
On completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an updated knowledge of the Vapour compression cycle.
- Apply their knowledge of HVAC to understand the design principals behind the Air Handling Units on site.
- Understand the site health and safety procedures for operating and maintaining the site AHU’s.
- Understand and create S.O.P’s for an AHU.
- Carry out basic maintenance procedures on the AHU’s.
- Understand the basic operation of a Chiller.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the psychrometric processes taking place.
- Understand Cleanroom classifications.
- Understand room pressure regime used in cleanrooms.
Chillers, Heat Pumps and Installation Best Practices
- Personal safety requirements and first aid requirements when working on refrigeration and vapour compression systems.
- Understand the Pressure Temperature Relationship.
- Differentiate between Latent Heat/Sensible Heat.
- Understanding the principal of operation of the vapour compression system and the changes the refrigerant goes through within the system.
- Understand fractionation, glide and demonstrate how to read refrigerant gauges and interpreting the information gained.
- Explain in simple terms with the aid of practical demonstrations the basic principles of refrigeration and taking readings from the system.
- Operation of Direct Expansion Chillers.
- Operation of Liquid Overfeed Chillers.
- Refrigerant to water Evaporators.
- Chilled water system operating and safety devices.
- Capacity control.
- Heat pump theory and operation.
- Co-efficient of performance calculations.
- Heat Pump installation and commissioning Techniques.
Psychrometrics and the Properties of Air
- Psychrometric Definitions.
- The importance of Humidity control in the Electronics industry.
- Basic Psychrometric calculations.
- Humidification and Dehumidification.
- Advanced Psychrometric calculations and mixed air calculations.
- Tracking the processes taking place in an AHU.
- Measuring air flows.
- Balancing AHU’s.
Air Handling Units, operation and maintenance
- Processes taking place within the AHU.
- Air Filtration basics.
- Fan design.
- Factors associated with air cleanliness.
- Purpose of Air Filtration.
- Types of filters.
- Filter Classification.
- HEPA filter integrity testing.
- Pressure drop across filters.
- Magnahelic gauges.
- Air Pressure differential switches.
Creating a suitable Standard Operating Procedure for an Air Handling Unit
- O.P. basics.
- Using SOP’s to improve performance.
- Developing a safe maintenance SOP for a typical AHU.
- Course review.
National Vocational Certificate Level 1, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant work experiences in an associated industry position. Participants need not necessarily come from a craft background in mechanical or electrical maintenance.
The trainer has worked extensively in the Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning sector. During his career he has worked as a distributor, a Technical Support Manager for an Air conditioning manufacturer and as a consultant on a number of large projects. He also provides training in Ireland and the UK as well as providing Consultancy on the Irish AC Market to a number of UK Clients. He is a member of the International Institute of Refrigeration (an Intergovernmental advisory body) and The International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration.
For further information and to book, please email email@example.com.