Date: Q1 2020
The IAM Foundation Award is an introduction to asset management awareness training, aimed at individuals new to an asset management role, or in a management role with asset management responsibilities.
Who is the Foundation Award for?
The training is aimed at anyone requiring a basic knowledge of asset management to support their organisation’s asset management activities, who may have little or no prior knowledge of the discipline. The content introduces the learner to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) competency framework.
Candidates of the Foundation Award may be beginning an asset management career, or may never need to develop their asset management knowledge beyond a basic understanding.
- new to asset management roles
- in roles that support or interact with the organisation’s asset management activities
- working in the organisation’s supply chain providing clients with asset management services or supporting these services
What does it involve?
The Foundation Award is a one-day training course, completed with a multiple-choice paper based, knowledge test at the end of the day. The training will cover:
- basic asset management concepts, principles and terminology
- the breath of asset management activities
- common characteristics of good asset management
- some commonly used techniques
- the types of benefits organisations can realise
- potential next steps for individuals who wish to continue with their asset management journey
There are no pre-requisites for taking the Foundation Award.
About the Trainer
Engineers Ireland – CPD Credits awarded
CPD Credit – 3 days CPD C1