Date: 15th and 16th October 2020
Time: 09:00 – 13:00
Cost: €450 (Discount of 10% for 3 or more people from the same organisation).
The Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Foundation Award is an introduction to asset management awareness training, aimed at individuals new to an asset management role, or in a management role with asset management responsibilities.
Who is the Foundation Award for?
The training is aimed at anyone requiring a basic knowledge of asset management to support their organisation’s asset management activities, who may have little or no prior knowledge of the discipline. The content introduces the learner to the IAM competency framework. The Foundation Award is an entry level course and as such no prior experience of Asset Management is required.
Candidates of the Foundation Award may be beginning an asset management career, or may never need to develop their asset management knowledge beyond a basic understanding.
Examples could be individuals:
- New to asset management roles
- Tasked with asset management for regulatory purposes, i.e. housing associations, schools, small businesses
- In roles that support or interact with the organisation’s asset management activities
- Working within an organisation’s supply chain
What does it involve?
The Foundation Award is a one-day training course, completed with a multiple-choice paper based, knowledge test at the end of the day. The training will cover:
- Basic asset management concepts, principles and terminology
- The breath of asset management activities
- Common characteristics of good asset management
- Some commonly used techniques
- The types of benefits organisations can realise
- Potential next steps for individuals who wish to continue with their asset management journey
For further information and to book, please contact email@example.com