- Duration: 5 days
- Dates: 14th – 18th September 2020
- Location: Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, Newlands Cross, D22.
- Cost: €2,700
Boiler Operative Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) is an internationally recognised qualification for boiler operators and will help employers demonstrate that they have provided suitable and appropriate training to boiler operators and boiler house managers. It is recommended in BG01 that all boiler operators/managers be trained to the standard provided by the boiler operative accreditation scheme. The aim of this scheme is to provide detailed information relating to the correct operation of a boiler plant whilst in keeping with regulations and requirements.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Inform candidates of safe and energy efficient boiler house and boiler operation.
- Increase awareness of wider environmental and safety, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Prepare candidates for BOAS assessment.
- Fundamental Terms and Concepts
- Heat and Heat Transfer Concepts
- Combustion and Draught
- Feed Water
- Control and Instrumentation
- Safety and Legal Requirements
- Energy Efficiency
- Boilers and Auxiliaries
- Fuel Concepts
This course is aimed at boiler/boiler house operators or managers with responsibility over a boiler houses and its operators. Boiler operators must have 6 months or 100 hours practical experience as a pre-requisite to the course. Candidates must complete an application form and provide evidence of experience in the form of a candidate evidence pack. We recommend the 5-day BOAS course to experienced candidates with previous history sitting through examinations and interviews. For those with less of a background working with boiler and taking examinations, we would strongly recommend taking the 5-day course to allow additional preparation time.
- Mark Stewart, Certified BOAS trainer since 2015. Has been Geoff Castles’ primary trainer since commencing employment in 2013. To date Mark has delivered over 20 days of boiler awareness training to over 100 candidates.
- Michael Crymble, Certified BOAS trainer since 2015. Geoff Castles’ training manager tasked with developing the BOAS programme within Geoff Castles. Responsible for training materials and course administration and delivery. Formal qualifications BEng, AdvDip, Nebosh.
Assessment and Certifications
There will be 4 written examinations and a 30-60 minute one-to-one interview with each candidate. Training will begin on a Monday and exam 1 & 2 will be held on Wednesday evening. Exam papers 3 &4 will take place during the interview stage. This is subject to small changes at the assessor’s discretion.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate of achievement which confirms their BOAS accreditation and is valid for five years. Identification cards will also be awarded to successful candidates. These documents will specify the categories in which the accreditation are held.
Once certified candidates will be eligible to use the designations ‘certified industrial boiler operative’ (CerIBO) for operators and ‘Diploma in Boiler Plant Operation Management’ for managers (DipBOM).
- Once certified candidates will be eligible to use the designations ‘certified industrial boiler operative’ (CerIBO) for operators and ‘Diploma in Boiler Plant Operation Management’ for managers (DipBOM).
- The BOAS accreditation is valid for 5 years.
Tool/Equipment will be provided on site.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org