The provision and use of work equipment implicitly requires that any person using a piece of work equipment that presents a significant risk to the user must be trained and that the training covers not only the use but also any hazards arising from the use and the precautions to be observed. It is not adequate to assume that because a person has a qualification in a trade, that they are competent with any tools related to that trade. This is especially true of power tools. With this in mind, this training takes a generic approach to training with power tools to enable the person to be aware of the hazards and precautions.
To enable candidates to select and mount Abrasive Wheels safely in accordance with the regulations.
The objectives of the training are to give trainees:
- An understanding of the requirements of the regulations
- An understanding of the risks associated with Power Tools
- An understanding of the hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- The ability to identify the methods of marking abrasive wheels
- The ability to store, handle and transport abrasive wheels correctly
- The ability to test and inspect wheels for damage
- The ability to mount an abrasive wheel and a knowledge of the function of the components
- The ability to dress a wheel
- The ability to adjust the rest correctly
- Safety Legislation – Regulations
- Proper methods relating to the mounting of abrasive wheels.
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels and precautions which should be observed.
- Use of PPE and Basic Safety principles
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels as to type and speed.
- Methods of storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels.
- Methods of inspecting and testing abrasive wheels to check for damage.
- Flanges, washers, bushes and nuts used in mounting of an abrasive wheels.
- The adjustment of the rest of an abrasive wheel.
- Practical training session, from which all delegates will be assessed
Duration: 2.5 Hours
On successful completion of this course we will issue a Certificate to each delegate, which, are valid for 3 years.
For supervisors or operatives who are involved with the use and mounting of abrasive wheels and wish to comply with the Safety in Industry (Abrasive Wheels) Regulations, 1982 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
Course Cost: €150
Duration: 2.5 hours
For additional information on Abrasive Wheels, please log onto: