Measuring the condition of your equipment and then making an assessment as to whether or not it will fail in the future allows us to take the appropriate action to avoid the consequences of that failure.
Measuring the condition of your equipment and then making an assessment as to whether or not it will fail in the future allows us to take the appropriate action to avoid the consequences of that failure. This is “Predictive Maintenance” or “Condition Based Maintenance (CBM)”.
Have you ever asked yourself?
- What is CBM and why does it work?
- Should I apply it to all my equipment?
- How do you get the right balance between condition monitoring, preventive and maintain on failure maintenance?
- How do you ensure that the return from an investment in condition monitoring is maximised?
- What value is my external provider of CBM services adding?
Additional benefits of attending
- We will cover the latest tools, techniques and practices and how best to apply them for maximum impact on the bottom line.
- After attending this course you will be able to make decisions on CBM based on real information.
- Extensive knowledge of CBM; the techniques & tools used, the diagnostics and advanced methods of CBM.
Day 1: Foundation level with the techniques and tools being introduced
- What is CBM and why it can be successful in controlling costs?
- How to achieve maximum benefit from your CBM Programme?
- Techniques – what really delivers?
- Developing and Implementing your CBM Programme
- Interpreting reports – what do they really tell you?
- Case Studies
Day 2: Builds on that learning and moves into diagnostics and advanced methods
- CBM Methods
- Maintenance strategies, Equipment criticality and where to apply CBM
- Practicalities of Measurement – understanding the results.
- Planning for CBM, its application in industry
The target audience is for Maintenance and Engineering Managers, Reliability Engineers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Planners, Technicians, Crafts and Engineers. Participants may be new to Condition Based Maintenance or have some experience in the field but lack a fully structured understanding of how to use it to your advantage in the workplace. Previous delegates have come from a range of industries including pharmaceutical, food, electronics, oil & gas, utilities, health care and public sector.
John Coleman BSc. (Hons) MEng. MIEI, MIAM, M.I. Ref. Eng. is Maintenance Facilitator in the Rusal’s Aughinish Alumina Central Workshop which provides a repair and overhaul service to the rest of the facility. He is the current Chairman of MEETA, the Irish Maintenance Society, a Member of the Institute of Refractories Engineers and a Member of the Institute of Asset Managers (IAM). John is also a member of the Engineers Ireland Executive. He was also an External Examiner at IT Tallaght on their Mechanical Degree course 2008-2010. John is Chairman of the evaluation panel for the MEETA Industry awards held annually.
John has extensive experience, including working for several years in the construction / contract sector as both a fitter and supervisor installing and maintaining mechanical equipment. He worked on the construction of Aughinish Alumina Ltd., the largest construction site in Europe at the time (1978 – 1983). He was subsequently employed by Aughinish Alumina Ltd on completion of construction as a fitter in the maintenance workshop. John developed his experience while working in several areas of the plant, and completed his MEng. prior to being promoted to a staff engineering role.
John regularly speaks on maintenance at conferences across the world. He presented papers at Euromaintenance 2006, 2008 and 2010. He also presented at the world maintenance conference in 2006. John was nominated for the Euromaintenance Incentive Award at Euromaintenance 2010. John was also a working party member in formulating the first issue of the Competency Requirements published by the IAM.
This course is also available as an on-site customised course
Duration: 2 days
Course Cost: €850
Duration: 1 day
Make an enquiry
ALL MAINTENANCE & ASSET MANAGEMENT COURSES