This course is for people who already hold the IAM Certificate and who are now ready to develop their understanding of advanced concepts in asset management.
This course is for people who already hold the IAM Certificate and who are now ready to develop their understanding of advanced concepts in asset management. It is based on the syllabus of the IAM Diploma. Students may come to this course having studied for the Certificate using a variety of methods. This course includes a light review of the principles of asset management to give assurance that all students start the course from a common level. The course presenters encourage the use of relevant examples to bring the subject to life and stimulate learning through discussion.
The course starts with a review of the principles of asset management, including references to the growing body of knowledge. Having reviewed the principles, we will expand on the related subjects. Leadership and AM Systems are looked at in more detail, then we examine Value and how to realise it throughout the asset life cycle. In Asset Care and Performance, we examine techniques for enhancing reliability and the options for performance measurement and monitoring of assets and asset management. Asset Information and Knowledge is covered in more detail, as is Demand Forecasting. Investment Planning will cover both capital and revenue expenditure planning.
The critical issue of resourcing is looked at in Contractor and Supplier Management – how to identify resource requirements, then select and manage them. Managing Change looks at the need to influence the organisation’s culture and competence and describes the challenges to implement change successfully. Finally, on Day 4 we put all of these themes together in scenario-based exercises to consolidate the learning.
- Review Principles of Asset Management
- Asset Management Leadership, Asset Management Systems
- Whole Life Value and how to realise it
- Asset Care (Maintenance) and Sustainability
- Performance Management
- Asset Information: Strategy, Standards and Data Management
- Demand Forecasting and Capex Planning
- Contractor and Supplier Management
- Managing Change in Asset Management Systems and Capabilities
- Practice of Asset Management
4 days classroom teaching with extensive participation. We recommend that this is taken as either 4 consecutive days, or 2 sessions of 2 days each.
Benefits to participants
The participant will develop an understanding of advanced concepts in asset management. The course is intended to be cross-disciplinary and aims to encourage effective team working and the reduction of disciplinary silos. The course forms part of the preparation for taking the IAM Diploma examination, additional reading is recommended.
Participants who hold the IAM Certificate and wish to prepare to sit the IAM Diploma examination. Participants who wish to increase their understanding of asset management and how it affects their roles and their organisations. Participants who are preparing for specialist or management roles in Asset Management.
Typical job roles include:
- Business Strategy staff
- Engineering, technical and asset-owning managers
- Asset Management System developers
- ISO55000 implementers
- Asset information managers
- Stakeholder management professionals
- Investment programme managers
- Maintenance managers
- Operations managers
- This 4-day course is suitable for those who have successfully completed a ‘Principles of Asset Management’ learning programme (e-learning and/or classroom course) and hold the IAM Certificate Qualification.
- Pre-reading is recommended. Suggested Pre-reading will be supplied.
Engineers Ireland – CPD Credits awarded: CPD Credit – 32 Hours CPD C1
Trainer Profile: CV available on request
Duration: 4 days
Course Cost: €2,500 (includes the exam)
Location: Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, Newlands Cross, D22.
Make an enquiry
ALL MAINTENANCE & ASSET MANAGEMENT COURSES
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +353 (0)61 326921 M: +353 (0)87 6826171