This course is suitable for those without the IAM Certificate or Diploma qualification and prepares students to sit the two-stage examinations for the Diploma qualification
This course is suitable for those without the IAM Certificate or Diploma qualification and prepares students to sit the two-stage examinations for the Diploma qualification: these comprise 5 modules of Principles of Asset Management and 7 modules of Advanced Asset Management.
This deep-dive course provides intensive coverage of the principles and practices of Asset Management for those seeking the IAM Diploma qualification in Asset Management. The curriculum covers all the required modules of the Diploma and is also aligned with asset management standards (PAS 55, ISO 55000) and the GFMAM Asset Management ‘Landscape’.
This course provides the educational content and practical application insights that enable students to meet these requirements and add value in their respective workplaces. The course is delivered through 6 days of intensive, highly interactive classroom teaching, led by a subject matter expert who has extensive personal experience of implementing good asset management practices.
- Principles of Asset Management
- Asset Management Policy, Strategy & Planning
- Managing Asset Life Cycle Decisions and Activities
- Assessing and Managing Asset Management Risks
- Financial and Business Impact
- Practices of Asset Management
- Asset Management Information and Knowledge
- Sustainable Asset Care and Performance Management
- Managing Change in Asset Management Systems and Capabilities
- Contractor and Supplier Management
- Demand Forecasting and Capital Expenditure Planning
- Methods for Realising Whole Live Value from Assets
The course comprises 6 days of intensive, highly-interactive classroom teaching. Supplementary or prior reading materials are recommended.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of AM policy, strategy, objectives and plans.
2. Participate in asset-related risk identification, analysis and management processes and contingency planning.
3. Understand the asset life cycle, value realisation and the role of appropriate tools to optimize the performance, risk and cost of assets.
4. Understand requirements for managing the implementation of asset management plans.
5. Identify the information and performance measures needed for effective asset management, and evaluate the effectiveness of asset information systems.
6. Understand the financial implications of asset and asset management decisions for the organisation, and translate technical issues into business implications.
7. Contribute more effectively to change management, continual improvement and cultural development.
Benefits to participants
The participant will develop a business-centred appreciation of Asset Management, and will be better able to influence decisions and the performance of the organisation. The course is cross-disciplinary, and helps to foster effective team-working and to break down departmental silos.
The participant will be prepared and supported by the best possible subject matter experts to pass the IAM Principles of Asset Management and IAM Advanced Asset Management examinations, for the award of the IAM Diploma in Asset Management.
Participants who will benefit from this course include experienced professionals from many functions within asset-intensive organisations, where the performance of physical assets has a significant impact on organisational performance.
Typical job roles include:
- Engineering and technical managers
- Project managers and engineers
- Operations managers and staff
- Maintenance managers and staff
- Facilities managers
- EHS and quality managers and staff
- Finance managers
- Procurement and supply chain
- IT and HR
The following reading list is the minimum expected for self-study in preparation for the course. It is strongly recommended that Diploma examination candidates extend their reading beyond this list and further guidance will be provided.
- ISO 55000, 55001, 55002: Overview, Management Systems Requirements and Management Systems Guidance.
- IAM Competences Framework Part 1, Version 3.0, Institute of Asset Management, June 2014.
- IAM Competences Framework Part 2: Guidance on using the 2012 IAM Competences Framework, Version 3.0, Institute of Asset Management, June 2014.
- Asset Management – An Anatomy, Version 2, Institute of Asset Management, July 2014.
- GFMAM Asset Management Landscape, Version 2, The Global Forum on Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM), March 2014
Engineers Ireland – CPD Credits awarded
CPD Credit – 42 Hours CPD C1
CV available on request
Course Cost: €3,500 (includes the exam)
Duration: 6 days
Exam date TBC
Location: Dublin (Louis Fitzgerald Hotel)
Make an enquiry
ALL MAINTENANCE & ASSET MANAGEMENT COURSES