Asset Management including ISO55000: An entry level course for people who want to understand Asset Management and what it can do for them, along with an introduction to the ISO standard ISO 55001.
In this one-day introductory workshop you will learn about the important features of asset management and a variety of good practices which will benefit your business. The day will be a mixture of presentations, case studies and workshop sessions. Asset Management standards BSI PAS 55:2008 and ISO 55000:2014 will be introduced and discussed.
Organisations who have overhauled their asset management arrangements attribute the following benefits to their business: cost reductions of 30 – 50 %; raised capability and performance of assets; delivery of high reliability environment for improved operating efficiency, quality and safety; assured and sustainable environmental, regulatory, legal and carbon compliance; proactive management of asset-related risks; improved image and relationships with customers, insurers, regulators and other stakeholders; and improved profitability and return on capital investment. Now who could argue with those examples?
- What is Asset Management and why is it not just maintenance by another name?
- Why is it important?
- The main features of asset management
- The development of the asset management specifications PAS55 & ISO 55000
- Assessment Methodology including practical exercises
- Case studies: How different industries carry out their asset management
- ISO55000 standard on Asset Management
- International Qualifications now available in Asset Management.
- Why would you bother? – Benefits
This is an entry level course and the target audience is for people who want to understand Asset Management, what it can do for them and be prepared for the asset management standards. Likely attendees are Maintenance Managers, Engineers including those involved in procurement and/or maintenance of physical assets, Supervisors, Production Managers, Superintendents, Managers of Infrastructure, Asset management consultants & Design Engineers.
Trainer: Paul Wheelhouse
Course Cost: €490
Duration: 1 day
Engineers Ireland – CPD Credits awarded: CPD Credit = 8 Hours C1