In today’s competitive working environment, understanding and dealing with the ever-changing needs of people working within organisations and indeed the needs of the organisations themselves, is paramount to the effectiveness of the Maintenance Team Leader. Managing Technical people as individuals and in a team environment to help achieve organisational goals can be a difficult role which requires a comprehensive & specialised set of skills.
At the end of this course participants will have gained:
- Extensive knowledge in the Best Practice approach to Maintenance Team Leadership
- A better understanding for the need to continuously develop the individuals within the team as well as their own management skills. This will lead to increased efficiency and effectiveness within their own maintenance function and therefore add overall value to the organisation.
- The Role of the Maintenance Team Leader
- Understanding People
- Leadership Styles
- Coaching for Success
- Managing change within the Maintenance Function
- Effective Communication
- Employment Legislation
- Motivating People for Success
- Building a great Maintenance Team
- People Development
- Setting Individual and Team Goals
- Resolving Conflict
- Customer Satisfaction
- Making the most effective use of your time
The target audience is for any maintenance practitioner who has responsibility for leading people within their organisation. It is a must for existing Maintenance Team Leaders / Supervisors seeking to develop their people management skills. The course is also highly beneficial for those recently appointed to a Maintenance Leadership position and who require knowledge on people management best practice methodologies.
Brian Matthews is a senior Consultant and a Course Leader who is well qualified in a wide spectrum of areas covering Management Development, Kaizen/Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Production Planning. He has been extremely successful working with multi-national organisations in Ireland, the UK, Europe and America as well as with small to medium sized companies. Brian has a proven ability to get co-operation from both workforce and management for the changes that a programme of continuous improvement will entail.
This course is also available as an on-site customised course
Course Cost: €490 pp
Duration: 1 day