“Thank you very much for presenting a very interesting course. I learnt a great deal and will most definitely be using some of the tools you shared with us”
Thank you very much for the great sessions. I certainly will be using the knowledge that you gave us. It already made a difference in the way I work and think.
Organisations increasingly need to make improvement a key part of the culture in order to remain cost competitive in their operations – Lean Manufacturing is just one approach that is being used in this quest. The same is true of Maintenance Organisations. These are under pressure to improve performance and reduce costs.
This learning event focuses on Maintenance Auditing and Benchmarking as two key tools that can be used as the basis for driving the improvement process in maintenance, by identifying best practices, gaps with current practices and assist with the formulation of strategies to bridge such gaps.
The objectives of this program are to provide participants with an awareness and working knowledge of how to:
- Audit their maintenance operations;
- Conduct a maintenance benchmarking study;
- Use the results to establish and monitor an effective improvement strategy;
- The program will impart an understanding of how such techniques can be applied as part of a broad systematic approach to proactively managing and improving maintenance.
Who Should Attend?
This program addresses the needs of a diverse audience with an interest in Maintenance Management, Lean Manufacturing, Maintenance improvement and the use of techniques such as Maintenance Auditing and Benchmarking. The program should be of interest to:
- General Managers who have oversight responsibility for Maintenance Management and Maintenance organisational units.
- Operations and Maintenance Managers with direct line responsibility as well as staff support responsibility for Maintenance.
- Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Engineers and Maintenance Planners and Schedulers.
Maintenance Auditing and Benchmarking is a hands-on, stimulating learning experience. The program will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance your opinions and ideas. Participation is encouraged in a supportive environment.
Day 1: Maintenance Auditing
- The Maintenance Auditing Process
- Maintenance Auditing Methodology
- Conducting a Maintenance Audit
- Interpreting Audit Results
- Using Auditing to Drive Improvement
- Using the Maintenance Audit for internal benchmarking
Day 2 – Maintenance Benchmarking and Performance Measurement
- The Maintenance Benchmarking Process
- Maintenance Benchmarking Methodology
- Conducting a Maintenance Benchmarking Study
- Reporting results of Benchmarking and Auditing Studies
- Developing Key Performance Measures for Maintenance
- The Maintenance Balanced Scorecard
This course is also available as an on-site customised course
Course Cost: €790
Duration: 2 days