In today’s competitive environment, the leader’s ability to understand and engage with the ever-challenging demands of his or her workforce is the primary skill set that determines success or failure.
Leading maintenance teams to achieve department and corporate goals requires skills that can be learned and do make a massive impact on motivation, performance and the ultimate success of companies.
Summary of course objectives/the benefits of attending
At the end of this two-day course you will leave with:
• Practical knowledge and skills that you can apply back in the workplace to lead a focused, motivated and high performing team.
• A better understanding of the need to continuously develop the individuals within the team as well as your own leadership skills. This will lead to increased efficiency and effectiveness within your own maintenance function and therefore add overall value to your business.
Course Content/ What you will learn
1. Why should your people be led by you? – A practical exploration of your role and importance as the team leader
2. Knowing when to manage and when to lead
3. The essential elements of effective leadership
4. Applying some key leadership theories back in the workplace
5. Defining your leadership style and using this information to improve your leadership practice
6. An introduction to coaching your people for performance improvement
7. Understanding and motivating your team
8. Building and growing a high performance team
9. Communicating your vision and plans
10. Managing performance and under-performance
11. Leading successful change programmes
12. Creating and growing a culture of customer excellence
The course will be delivered in a fun, interactive and dynamic way that allows delegates to learn from each other’s experience and also practice the skills learned on the course.
It will be action-focused and engage your interest with real-world examples and scenarios.
Delegates will be given a simple questionnaire to assess their leadership skills before the course begins. This will form an important element of the course as it will ensure the course is focused directly on areas on individual improvement.
All delegates will receive a course workbook which will be a resource they can take away and re-use back in the workplace.
The target audience for any maintenance practitioner who has responsibility for leading people within their organisation. It is a must for existing Maintenance Team Leaders/Supervisors seeking to develop their leadership skills. The course is also highly beneficial for those recently appointed to a Maintenance Leadership position and who require knowledge on leadership best practice methodologies.
Reg Friddle is a qualified trainer and performance & executive corporate coach. He has a primary degree in business and is also MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) qualified. He uses these skills and tools as part of leadership training and coaching. Reg has extensive experience of training in the disciplines of leadership and management skills development, having run a large training department in the UK. He also delivers change management training and people management consultancy services to improve individual, team and company performance.
Course Cost: €750 pp
Duration: 2 day