This 3 day Refrigeration Systems course has been specifically tailored for Maintenance Technicians and Tradesmen, to provide them with the necessary knowledge and understanding of the principles, functions, composition, layout and hazards of refrigeration systems. With this training, they will be able to confidently approach a range of different refrigeration systems and carry out effective fault diagnosis, repair, service and maintenance.
They will also be provided with the skills necessary to deal confidently with outside refrigeration contractors and witness system commissioning.
At the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Maintain the efficient operation of refrigeration plants
- Gain a working knowledge and understanding of refrigeration principles
- Identify standard refrigeration plant components
- Understand the function of refrigeration plant components
- Interpret schematic diagrams related to refrigeration plants
- Health and Safety
- Fundamental Terms – Definitions and Basic Principles
- The Refrigeration Cycle – Basic Systems
- Practical workshop
- Refrigeration Compressors
- Thermostatic Expansion Valves
- Oil Distribution System
- Practical workshop
- Defrost Methods
- System Process
- Refrigerant Recovery
- Maintenance and Improving Plant Efficiency
- Practical Workshop based on Faultfinding a Refrigeration System
The Opportunity to work on a demonstration refrigeration systems and make flared connections in copper pipe work is available and candidates may also test their knowledge using KOTZA software packages. For a detailed outline for the 3 day course, please email Gillian O’Brien email@example.com
National Vocational Certificate Level 1, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant work experiences in an associated industry position. This need not necessarily be a craft background in mechanical or electrical maintenance.
The trainer has worked extensively in the Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning sector. During his career he has worked as a distributor, a Technical Support Manager for an Air conditioning manufacturer and as a consultant on a number of large projects. He also provides training in Ireland and the UK as well as providing Consultancy on the Irish AC Market to a number of UK Clients. He is a member of the International Institute of Refrigeration (an Intergovernmental advisory body) and The International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration.
This course is also available as an on-site customised course
Course Cost: Available on request
Duration: 3 days